Payment & Shipping Terms:
metallic oxide varistor,
clamping voltage varistor
Surge Protector,Metal Oxide Varistor
• Wide voltage range selection - from 14 VRMS to 680 VRMS.This allows easy selection of the correct component for the specific application.
• High energy absorption capability with respect to size of component.
• Response time of less than 20 ns, clamping the transient the instant it occurs.
• Low stand-by power - virtually no current is used in the stand-by condition.
• Low capacitance values, making the varistors suitable for the protection of digital switching circuitry.
• High body insulation - an ochre coating provides protection up to 2500 V, preventing short circuits to
adjacent components or tracks.
• Available on tape with accurately defined dimensional tolerances, making the varistors ideal for automatic
• Completely non flammable, in accordance with IEC, even under severe loading conditions.
• Non porous lacquer making the varistors safe for use in humid or toxic environments. The lacquer is also resistant to cleaning solvents in accordance with IEC 60068-2-45.
Varistors provide reliable and economical protection against high voltage transients and surges which may be produced,for example, by lightning, switching or electrical noise on AC or DC power lines. They have the advantage over transient suppressor diodes in as much as they can absorb much higher transient energies and can suppress positive and negative transients.When a transient occurs, the varistor resistance changes from a very high stand-by value to a very low conducting value. The transient is thus absorbed and clamped to a safe level, protecting sensitive circuit components.Varistors are manufactured from a non-homogeneous material, giving a rectifying action at the contact points of two particles. Many series and parallel connections determine the voltage rating and the current capability of the varistor
Varistors may be used in many applications, including:
• Medical analysis equipment
• Street lighting
• Industrial power plants
• Gas and petrol appliances
• Electronic home appliances
• Traffic facilities
• Electromagnetic valves
Electrical Parameter of MYL7-20kA Type Varistor
Electrical Parameter of MYL7-40kA Type Varistor
Contact Person: Peter